Decadent chocolate and creamy sweet bananas make a heavenly combination that's perfect, even for breakfast in this Nutella Banana Muffins recipe!
Nutella Banana Muffins
Time to jump on the Nutella bandwagon! I haven't shared a Nutella recipe yet, but that doesn't mean I don't love it as much as everyone else. I haven't really used it in many recipes because I'm mostly a fan of sticking my right finger in the jar. But these Nutella Banana Muffins are definitely worthy of the extra effort.
To make your Nutella Banana Muffins, preheat your oven to 350°, grease your muffin tin, and add cupcake liners. These come together really quickly, so break out your big mixing bowl. Add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, then whisk it all together. Add your dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix. Whenever you make muffins or other quick breads (like pancakes, biscuits, or even pie crust) it's important to mix as little as possible so that you can get the fluffiest muffin possible. Over-mixing will make them hard and chewy.
When your dry ingredients are mixed in, gently fold in the mashed bananas. You can also add ½ cup chopped nuts to the batter for a crunchy kick. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. Soften the Nutella a bit so it's easier to work with by popping it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then scoop 1 tablespoon Nutella into each muffin cup. Swirl with a toothpick to make the marbling effect. Then bake for about 30 minutes (I usually start checking around 20 minutes, just to be safe!)
Enjoy these muffins for breakfast. I love them warm with melted butter!
Nutella Banana Muffins Recipe
Nutella Banana Muffins
- ¾ cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 ripe bananas mashed (or about 1 ½ cups mashed banana)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease and line a muffin tin
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in bananas.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin, filling each cup halfway.
- Place Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds to soften slightly. Stir.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon Nutella onto each muffin. Swirl with a toothpick to get the marbled look.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Did you like this Nutella Banana Muffins recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Nutella Banana Muffins recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.