Perfect for a meatless Monday meal and a cheese lover’s dream, these Three Cheese Enchiladas are filled with cheese, smothered in enchilada sauce, and baked in the oven for a delicious family dinner.
Three Cheese Enchiladas
I decided to make this recipe for two reasons. First, I’m trying to be more frugal. I used to be a lot more frugal than I am now, and I just keep thinking that if we make a few little changes we could cut our spending and be much better off. So I’m trying to add in some super yummy meatless meals that we’ll love and will also help us save some money. And who doesn’t love some Mexican food?!
And second, cheese. Yes, that’s it. Just cheese. Because yum. And why didn’t I think of it earlier when my life’s passion is cheese?
Anyway, if you love cheese, you’ll love these Three Cheese Enchiladas, filled with three kinds of cheese (obviously! Ha!) as well as some classic Mexican flavors like cilantro and green chiles, topped with enchilada sauce (and more cheese), and baked in the oven.
Now feel free to get creative with your cheeses. The recipe calls for cheddar, Monterey, and mozzarella, but so many others would work as well. Chihuahua cheese, queso fresco, white American, Fontina, Colby,… Pick your favorites!
Cheese lovers unite! You’re welcome!
Three Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
Three Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces about 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 8 ounces about 2 cups shredded Monterey cheese
- 8 ounces about 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1-2 10 ounce cans red enchilada sauce
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes and green chiles until smooth.
- Grab about a handful (1/2 cup) of each cheese and set aside. Then add chili powder, cumin, onion, cilantro, and the remaining cheese to the bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Scoop about 1/4 of the enchilada filling mixture into a tortilla. Then roll it up, and place in a greased 9"x13" baking dish. Repeat for remaining ingredients.
- Cover rolled enchiladas with enchilada sauce. Then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15-25 min, or until heated through.
If you liked this Three Cheese Enchiladas recipe, you might also like
See More Mexican Inspired Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.