Quick and easy Baked Caprese Chicken features cheesy chicken breast with basil pesto, basil leaves, and a slice of fresh tomato for a fresh and healthy weeknight dinner!
Baked Caprese Chicken
Truth time. I've always had an aversion to pesto. So when my hubby decided he was going to make a recipe with pesto one night, I cringed (but I still let him, because, I mean, I still didn't have to cook...). Even though I was hesitant to eat that night, it turned out I really liked it. Maybe even loved it. I don't know if my tastes changed or if I just had really bad pesto the other time I tried it, but I'm loving adding pesto to the list of yummy ingredients to play with in recipes.
Ever on the search for super easy, healthy, and yummy dinner recipes to feed the family, I decided to experiment with my new-found love of pesto in this Baked Caprese Chicken recipe. It is yum. Cheesy chicken with zesty basil pesto, basil leaves, and a fresh slice of tomato to round it all out. Everything about this recipe just screams fresh and zesty, and it's oh-so-easy to make! Just six ingredients and 30 minutes and dinner is on the table! You can serve it with simple pasta or rice and a fresh green salad for a full healthy meal.
Baked Caprese Chicken Recipe
Baked Caprese Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 6 mozzarella slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle olive oil in 9"x13" baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish.
- Brush each chicken breast with about a teaspoon of pesto.
- Place 2-3 basil leaves, then one slice of tomato, and then a mozzarella slice on each chicken breast.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if desired. Serve warm.
Did you like this Baked Caprese Chicken Recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Baked Caprese Chicken recipe, you might also like
One Dish Baked Cheese Chicken and Pasta
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Leave a Reply