Earthy roasted poblano pepper mixed with zesty garlic and onion combined together in this smooth Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip will be your new favorite go-to dip!
Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip
Have you ever seen the show Chopped? It’s pretty fun. And scary. I’m not sure I could do it on TV. But last year I got to do a super fun Chopped at Home challenge, which you can read about here. I didn’t win, but that’s okay because I got to chow down on the recipe I created at home. And it was super delicious. Part of that deliciousness, and what brought it all together, was the Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip that I made to go with the chicken taquitos.
This Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip has bright and zesty garlic, sweet onions, earthy roasted poblano peppers, and creamy sour cream. Yeah, it was really REALLY good on those taquitos. But it’s equally as delicious on chips, crackers, your favorite tacos, or ya know what, just go ahead and stick your finger in it. I know I couldn’t resist!
To make this Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip, cut the peppers in half to de-seed. Place on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil. Then take your onion and all but one garlic clove (save just one raw to give your dip an extra kick at the end), and toss them in the remaining olive oil and place them on the baking sheet with the peppers. Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes until vegetables are fragrant and tender. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Once all your roasted veggies are cooled, dump them all in the food processor with the sour cream and your raw garlic clove. Then process until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, I’d recommend just getting one. They are SO useful. All that chopping and prepping you usually do can be done by your processor in just seconds. Plus they’re pretty cheap. I’ve had this food processor from Amazon for about 4 years now, and I still love it AND it still works. Good deal, right? Go get yours. You won’t regret it.
Just add salt and pepper to taste, and your delicious Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip is ready for serving. If you need to store it, just place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip Recipe
Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip
- 2 poblano peppers halved length-wise
- 1 medium sweet onion coarsely chopped
- 5 medium garlic cloves divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Set aside 1 garlic clove. Place poblano peppers, onion, and the remaining garlic cloves on a large baking sheet.
- Brush the peppers with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and toss onions and garlic in the remaining tablespoon.
- Place in the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes, until all vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Once the roasted vegetables are cooled down enough to touch, place all in a food processor, along with the reserved fresh garlic clove.
- Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Process until fully combined.
- Serve dip warm or cold. It's delicious warm with or on tacos or taquitos, and excellent cold as a tasty guac alternative with chips.
If you liked this Creamy Roasted Poblano Dip recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.