The absolute cheesiest Crockpot Mac and Cheese! Creamy, cheesy goodness wrapped in a classic comfort food package, all in your crockpot!
The Cheesiest Crockpot Mac and Cheese- with NO Flour
Over the holidays, I was assigned to make Crockpot Mac and Cheese for one the kids’ school parties. The problem? I never made any before!
Well, thankfully, I happened upon this recipe from Dinner with Julie, and decided to give it a go. Even more thankfully… It was THE BEST. Cheesiest Crockpot Mac and Cheese I have ever had in my life!
This homemade crockpot mac and cheese recipe has no flour, just cheesy goodness! So, if you’re a cheese-fanatic, who also loves a simple but delicious comfort food family meal, this is an absolute must-try!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese Recipe
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the uncooked pasta well in cold water and drain.
- Add uncooked pasta to crockpot along with milk, sour cream, cheese, and cream cheese. Stir to combine. (Cream cheese won't mix in yet. That's okay!)
- Dot the top with sliced butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour. Remove lid and stir. If macaroni is done and cooked through, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve. If macaroni is not done, you may need to cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Serve warm topped with MORE CHEESE.
- Cook time: Cook time will vary slightly depending on your specific slow cooker and its size. Smaller slow cookers will take a little longer. Also if you like your noodles more firm, your cook time will be shorter than if you like it very soft. Keep a close eye on it the first time you make it so that you figure out the perfect cook times for your slow cooker and taste buds.
- Cheese: Cheese is a fun thing to experiment with in mac and cheese. Try changing it up with different kinds, such as gouda, gruyere, or white cheddar.
- Serving size: 8 servings is if you're serving it as a main dish. If you'll be serving as a side, it will serve more like 12-16.
If you liked this Crockpot Mac and Cheese recipe, you might also like
See More Side Dishes Recipes
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.