Sweet but tart, these fresh Raspberry Streusel Muffins topped with a heavenly, crunchy streusel will make breakfast a decadent treat.
Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Everyone needs a go-to muffin recipe. I have one that my grandma passed along to me, that I use as a base for all muffins. It's great because I know it will turn out, and I can change the flavors or fruit add-ins without worrying that it won't be any good. My go-to recipe is actually for perfect Blueberry Muffins, but we didn't get to go blueberry picking last year because the fields were flooded with all the crazy rain. But since raspberries have been on sale, I've been able to stock up and make these wonderful fresh sweet but tart Raspberry Streusel Muffins.
Raspberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
Raspberry Streusel Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter plus an additional tablespoon, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon
- 1 pint raspberries 2 cups
- First, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and butter in a large bowl, and mix with a pastry blender. You will want to mix until the clumps are pea-sized. Take out 1 cup of this mixture and set aside.
- Then add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Gently whisk together. Since muffins are a quick bread and can ruin easily by too much stirring, you will want to stir until everything is just combined. There will be lumps, and that's okay. Once combined, gently fold in the raspberries and spoon into a greased muffin tin. This recipe will make about 2 dozen muffins.
- Before you put the muffins in the oven, it needs the crunchy topping! Melt the extra tablespoon of butter and add it to the 1 cup of flour mixture you set aside earlier. Mix with a fork until the butter is fully combined. The mixture should be clumpy. Sprinkle the clumps on the muffins.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes. I start checking them at 20 minutes, and continue every 5 minutes or so until I can pull a toothpick out clean.
Did you like this Raspberry Streusel Muffins recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Raspberry Streusel Muffins recipe, you might also like
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
RaShell @ Mommy's Apron says
Oh my! These look amazing. I am saving these to make very soon. Thank you for posting. I am so glad I found you at #WonderfulWednesday!
The Better Baker says
Raspberries are my favorite fruit...and I'm wild about muffins too. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck.
I can't wait to make these muffins today, I'll keep you updated 🙂