A traditional, but perfect blueberry muffins recipe, passed down to me from my grandma. A treat the whole family will enjoy, and an easy breakfast option.
Perfect Blueberry Muffins
These are my grandma's blueberry muffins. In our house, blueberry season is sacred, based solely on these muffins. Before Mr. Gracious and I got married, my grandma made these for us while we were visiting, and he loved them so much that he's still talking about them. 8 years later!
I hope you and your family enjoys them as much as we do!
Perfect Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold and sliced into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries 2 cups
For the Topping
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter cold and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- First, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender, until pea-sized clumps are formed. Take out 1 cup of this mixture and set aside.
- To the remaining flour mixture, add eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Gently whisk together until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Once combined, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into a lined muffin tin, filling about ⅔ of the way full. Set aside.
- To the reserved cup of flour mixture, add brown sugar and whisk to combine. Cut in remaining butter. Sprinkle topping onto unbaked muffins (you may not use all of it)
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes. I start checking them at 20 minutes, and continue every 5 minutes or so until I can pull a toothpick out clean.
- Do not overmix! Since muffins are a quick bread and can ruin easily by too much stirring, you will want to stir until everything is just combined. There will be lumps, and that's okay.
- Freezer Instructions:
If you liked this Perfect Blueberry Muffins recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.