A vintage but tasty recipe, this Shrimp Mold Dip recipe will be the highlight of the party with a creamy tomato base, salad shrimp, and onion and celery. Classic, simple, and delicious!
Shrimp Mold Dip
This Shrimp Mold Dip is one of our family favorite recipes that we love and make every single year. It's seriously the highlight of the Christmas feast for me and the rest of the family. But I've been kind of reluctant to share the recipe with you guys for two reasons. For one, it just kind of looks gross. It does. I'm aware. And two, this recipe has been either hit or miss for every one that has tried it outside of my side of the family. You either love it or hate. There's not a lot of in between.
But in the end I decided to share it because I love it so much. And just in case you're one of the awesome ones who might love it too.
This shrimp mold dip gets it's shrimp-y color from a mixture of tomato and cream cheese, which are so delicious and creamy. Add in some celery and onion to give it crunch and a little zest, and of course the mini salad shrimp, and you've got yourself a pretty, vintage Shrimp Mold Dip.
My one word of caution is to make sure that it has enough time to set before serving! Serve with any and all of your favorite crackers.
Shrimp Mold Dip Recipe
Shrimp Mold Dip
- ½ cup water
- 1 envelope Knox gelatin
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 12-16 ounces salad shrimp or small shrimp, peeled, de-tailed and de-veined
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- Dash salt & pepper
- Pour ½ cup water in a glass. Dissolve gelatin in the water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add soup and heat to steaming.
- Add cream cheese to the saucepan, and stir constantly until cream cheese is totally incorporated.
- Add mayo and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (including the gelatin mixture). Stir to combine.
- Pour shrimp dip mixture into a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
If you like this Shrimp Mold Dip recipe, you might also like
See More Dip Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!