This easy BLT Dip is a creamy cool dip loaded with crispy bacon, shredded cheese, juicy ripe tomatoes, and fresh crisp lettuce. It's quick and simple to make and a total crowd-pleaser. Your favorite sandwich, in dip form!
As you may have already guessed, BLT Dip is just like a BLT (bacon-lettuce-tomato) sandwich, except it's served in a bowl with crackers or some other dip transportation apparatus (more on that below).
It is scrumptious. A creamy, cool dip featuring crispy bacon, shredded cheese, juicy tomatoes, and fresh lettuce all in one dreamy, creamy bite. Heaven. It truly is. The ingredients meld together in classic BLT fashion, and you can whip it up in a snap.
Do I Serve BLT Dip Hot or Cold?
I prefer to serve it cold or right after preparing, when the bacon is still warm, just like a real BLT. I love eating it this way.
If you really want a warm BLT dip, you can bake it in an oven-safe dish at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.
How to Make Perfectly Cooked Bacon Crumbles
In order to get your bacon uniformly cooked and crumbled, it's easiest to start by chopping the bacon before cooking.
It's easier and faster to cook it when it's chopped than to try to cook it and then crumble it.
Cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat so that it crisps up and doesn't get chewy. When it is finished cooking, remove it with a slotted spoon to eliminate some of the grease. Transfer it to a paper towel lined plate.
What Kind of Lettuce Should I Use?
Whatever lettuce you prefer on your BLT is what you should use here.
I find that buying a package of pre-shredded iceberg lettuce is easiest and fastest.
I have also served BLT dip with lettuce on the side to sprinkle on top after dipping or place the lettuce on the cracker and then spread the dip on top.
Do I Have to Use Mayo?
I highly recommend the mayo because it really brings out the classic BLT flavors.
You can substitute sour cream or half sour cream and half mayo to cut some calories, if you'd prefer.
How to Serve BLT Dip
As noted above, BLT dip is delicious cold, but can also be baked if desired.
Here are some simple ideas for what to dip in BLT Dip.
- Butter crackers such as Ritz
- Wheat Thins
- Toasted bread cut into strips or triangles
- Potato Chips
- Pretzels or pretzel thins
- Cheese whisps
- Pita Chips
- Vegetables such as baby carrots, sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, celery sticks, or sliced tomatoes.
- Sourdough - toasted in strips or cubed
- Naan or flatbread
More Dip Recipes You'll Love
- Jalapeno Popper Dip - inspired by the appetizer favorite, this dip is loaded with melted gooey cheese, spicy jalapenos, and bacon to round it all out.
- Easy Layered Taco Dip - layers of taco favorites, such as seasoned sour cream, refried beans, and all your favorite taco toppings.
- Homemade Pimento Cheese - Make your own pimento cheese! It's surprisingly simple and astronomically better than store bought!
- Avocado Cilantro White Bean Dip - If guacamole and hummus got married, this would be their love-child. Cool and creamy with the richness of avocado and white beans, the brightness of fresh garlic, and the freshness of herbs just begging to be devoured.
- Cheddar Bacon Garlic Dip - a cool dip that tastes just like it sounds- cheesy and garlicky with loads of bacon.
BLT Dip Video
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder shredded
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced and divided
- 2 green onions thinly sliced and divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Crackers, crostini, pita chips, or bagel chips for serving
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel to drain grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, mayo, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Fold in half the tomatoes, half of the green onions, about ⅔ of the bacon, and all of the shredded cheddar. Mix until combined.
- Spread evenly in a 9-inch pie dish. Top with shredded lettuce and remaining tomato, bacon, and green onions.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Make Ahead: Prepare bacon and dip as directed in steps 1 and 2 of the recipe. Fold in ⅔ of the bacon , half the green onions, and all of the cheddar into the cream cheese mixture. (Store remaining bacon and green onions in bags in the refrigerator) Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also chop the tomatoes and lettuce and store in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator. Before serving, allow dip to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Whisk to loosen the dip. Then fold in tomatoes. Transfer to a serving dish, and complete steps 4 and 5 of the recipe.
- Storage: Leftover BLT dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Because of the fresh lettuce and tomatoes, it’s definitely best when eaten the same day!
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in January 2016. It was updated with new pictures, tips, and video and republished in July 2022.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Tayler Ross says
I made this dip for a get together last night and everyone raved about it! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Gina Abernathy says
You are speaking my language with BLT dip. I love the sandwich and now this dip takes it to the next level of all dips! Amazing!
Great party dip idea. So happy I gave it a try. We will definitely be making this again!
This was a brilliant idea and absolutely delicious. I ate the dip with a spoon and barely shared it! Thank you for sharing this!
I made this for a few friends this weekend and it was delicious. Everyone loved it and I can't wait to make it again 🙂
Sara Welch says
Bring on the bacon! This is my kind of dip! Excited to give this a try for an afternoon snack; looks too good to pass up, indeed!
Tayler Ross says
This is one of my favorite dip recipes! I've made it several times and everyone always loves it!
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
This is such a delicious dip and so easy to make. I had friends for drinks and it was perfect.
This BLT dip was perfect for our party last weekend! Everyone loved it!
Made this over the weekend and it's so good! My whole family devoured this dip. Will definitely make again!
This takes my favorite sandwich to the next level. This dip is so creamy and delicious! I'm ready to snack on this all day.
This dip recipe was a hit at my last party! It was easy to make and so amazing!
Such a perfect dip to get addicted to! My whole family enjoyed it!