Taco Dip is a super quick and easy recipe perfect for game day and parties with classic taco flavors like sour cream, beans, and salsa! Plus, you can customize it to your own tastes!
Taco DipJump to Recipe
We’re in the middle of football season, and as such I felt the need to share a classic recipe that’s always a favorite on game day. Taco Dip! Taco Dip is super yummy, and I love that you can customize it to your own personal tastes. Add ingredients that you love or leave some out that you hate. It’s like a taco bar in a dish!
Here’s some ways you can shake it up:
- Try adding a layer of guacamole before your salsa layer.
- Add some black beans, corn, and a teaspoon of chili powder to the salsa to give it a little southwestern flavor.
- To make it spicier, you can add some extra cayenne pepper to the sour cream mixture with the taco seasoning and use hot salsa.
- Add your favorite toppings. Get creative! Different cheeses, jalapenos, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, even lettuce! (If you plan to make this dish ahead, be aware that the lettuce will tend to brown. So I recommend leaving it out unless you plan on serving it within an hour or so of whipping it up)
And the best part? You can whip up this yummy Taco Dip recipe in just 15 minutes! Have fun!
Taco Dip Recipe
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- 5-6 thinly sliced grape tomatoes
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together refried beans and green chiles. Spread mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or square baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and half a packet of taco seasoning together until smooth and creamy. Spread into the bottom of dish over refried beans mixture.
- Spread salsa on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with cheese, olives, tomatoes and green onions.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.
If you liked this Taco Dip recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.