Jalapeno Popper Dip is a creamy, cheesy dip with spicy jalapenos and savory bacon. Even better than the familiar appetizer, this dip will go fast!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip is basically the ultimate game day food. It's warm, gooey, cheesy, spicy, and packed with bacon.
It tastes even better than the frozen appetizer, and there's way more to go around, and it's way easier to make this dip than to try to make your own poppers.
But be careful! This dip is addictive, and you may not want to share!
What to Serve with Jalapeno Popper Dip
My favorite thing to serve with jalapeno popper dip is round butter crackers. It makes it taste just like the crunchy outside on a popper.
You can also serve it with tortilla chips, other crackers such as Wheat Thins, baguette chips, pita chips, or pretzel crisps.
This dip is also low carb and keto friendly. Just serve it with veggies such as sliced bell peppers or celery, cheese whisps, or pork rinds.
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Dip in the Crock Pot
Jalapeno Popper Dip is really easy to make in the slow cooker.
Place all ingredients except reserved bacon, jalapeno, and remaining cheddar cheese in the Crock Pot and stir to combine. Cook on low for about 2-3 hours, until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
When dip is hot and bubbly, stir, and then sprinkle on remaining cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. Turn to warm until ready to serve.
More Dip Recipes You'll Love
- Crab Rangoon Dip - this dip creamy savory dip version tastes even better than your favorite take-out.
- Cheddar Bacon Garlic Dip - this cold dip is zesty, cheesy, and best of all packed with bacon.
- BLT Dip - tastes just like the classic sandwich with salty bacon and tangy tomatoes.
- Avocado Cilantro White Bean Dip - healthy, fresh, and so full of flavor!
- Reuben Dip - Easy to make with just 5 ingredients, and surprisingly delicious with tangy sauerkraut and salty corned beef.
- Easy Chili Cheese Dip - warm, gooey, easy, and cheesy, this simple dip only has 4 ingredients!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each) softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar divided
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (about 2-3 sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and garlic powder. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in crumbled bacon (reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish), half the shredded cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan, jalapenos (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish), and green onions.
- Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish or skillet (about 8-10 inches).
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar, bacon, and jalapenos on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through, melted, and bubbly.
- This dip is naturally gluten free.
- This dip is keto and low carb. To make it even lower carb, you can omit the sour cream and use all mayo.
- Pat or wipe the grease off of your cooked bacon before you crumble it to keep the dip from getting too greasy.
- To make your dip extra hot, add more jalapenos and leave some of the seeds in.
- To keep your dip mild, diligently remove all of the seeds before chopping your jalapenos.
- Handle fresh jalapenos carefully, preferably with disposable gloves and washing your hands when done. The oils from hot peppers can get into your skin and burn. (It's painful! I found out the hard way!)
- Can you used jarred jalapenos? Yes, although it may have a more mild pepper flavor. Start with about ⅓ cup chopped and add more to taste.
- Make Ahead Instructions: To make the day before, prepare dip according to directions without baking. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Then uncover and bake, adding an extra 5 minutes to cook time to account for the cold dish.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare dip according to instructions then cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!