Make this epically easy 3 ingredient Chili Cheese Dip in less than 30 minutes for a gooey, cheesy, crowd-pleasing favorite snack for your next game day or party!
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
This 3-ingredient Chili Cheese Dip is one of the easiest dip recipes out there, and still one of our absolute family favorites.
It is the perfect dip for game day or a party because it is a huge crowd-pleaser and so easy to make!
Do I Have to Use Canned Chili?
No, it's just used here as convenience to make this recipe ridiculously simple. You can absolutely use your own homemade chili. Just use about 1.5 cups homemade chili in place of the canned chili.
Can I Make 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip in the Slow Cooker?
Yes! Just dump all ingredients in the slow cooker, and mix well. Turn on high and cook for about 2-3 hours until heated through and bubbly.
What to Serve with 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
Serve this chili cheese dip with tortilla chips or Fritos. They're quick, easy, and crunchy which goes well with the rich gooey-ness of the dip.
You can also go with French fries if you like the chili-cheese-fries vibe. Or serve with some veggies, such as carrot slices, bell pepper strips, mini bell peppers, or radish slices.
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip Variations
With only 3 ingredients, it's super easy to add a little something different or extra to this dip. Here are some ideas.
- Chili - Use chili with beans if you like that better, or homemade chili, as mentioned above.
- Cheese - this recipe calls for cheddar, but a Colby or Monterey Jack cheese or a Mexican blend cheese would also work great. If you're a big fan of the cheese sauce on chili cheese dogs or fries, you can also use American cheese or Velveeta instead of traditional shredded cheese.
- Toppings - This is the fun part! Top your chili cheese dip with your favorite chili cheese dog or fry toppings! Try pickled jalapeno, chopped onion, fresh cilantro, bacon, pico de gallo, or a dollop of sour cream.
More Warm Dip Recipes You'll Love
- Texas Trash Dip - a warm and cheesy bean dip with just a little kick of spice.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip - classic buffalo chicken and ranch flavors come together with creamy gooey cheese in the slow cooker.
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip - your favorite sandwich in dip form loaded with tender bites of steak, peppers, and onions.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip - creamy, cheesy dip loaded with jalapenos and bacon for good measure.
- Crab Rangoon Dip - just like the filling in classic crab rangoons!
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip Video
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with no beans
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar for topping optional
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- First, soften your cream cheese. I usually just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Then, mix in your chili. You can use chili with or without beans. We prefer without beans, so that's what I used here.
- Add your cheese and stir it in. Top with additional cheese, if you'd like.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Make Ahead: You can prep dish, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days before use. Then bake before serving, adding an extra 5-10 minutes to the bake time to account for the cold dish.
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Reheat individual servings in a microwave dish.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in August 2014. It has been updated with new pictures, tips, and a video and republished in August 2022.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!