An easy and fresh Salmon Cream Cheese Spread recipe made with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and dill makes a perfect appetizer dip for parties or a delicious breakfast on a bagel.
Salmon Cream Cheese SpreadJump to Recipe
So my obsession with this Salmon Cream Cheese Spread started when I was probably eight years old. I went over to a friend's house and she introduced me to a store-bought version, and it was love at first taste. Even though it was a big name brand, it has still been kind of hard to locate in stores sometimes. But while perusing Pinterest one day many years later, I saw a Salmon dip. And I was like, YES! That's what I need. So here we are.
The original store-bought kind that I loved first had something akin to bacon bits, but salmon flavored in it. This Salmon Cream Cheese Spread has real, fresh salmon in it. And it is so good. I make it every chance I get. Holidays, Christmas, Easter, and sometimes for a snack.
Making your own Salmon Cream Cheese Spread is simple. Just mix all your ingredients in a bowl and chill for at least an hour before serving. So good! Enjoy!
Salmon Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 6 ounces cold smoked salmon finely chopped, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, mustard, and lemon juice until smooth
- Add dill, chives, and half the salmon and beat again slowly until combined.
- Fold in remaining salmon to preserve bigger pieces
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers, bagels, bagel chips, toasted baguettes, or veggies.
- Serve with
- High quality salmon
- Food Processor
- Make Ahead
If you liked this Salmon Cream Cheese Spread recipe, you might also like
See More Dips, Sauces, and Spreads Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.