Apple Brown Betty- A simple but delicious apple dessert recipe, with fresh apples, butter, brown sugar, and a crunchy graham cracker topping.
Apple Brown Betty
I just love apple season! I needed to use up some of the apples that I’ve been
hoarding stockpiling, so I decided to whip up some of this tasty Apple Brown Betty. It’s a super simple recipe, great for a baker just starting out (It was one of my first recipes!). Or just if you’re in need of a warming, comforting, delicious apple dessert, but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen just to satisfy that need!
Apple Brown Betty Recipe
- 6 sheets graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3-5 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Put graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin (or some other large, heavy object).
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs with melted margarine.
- Put half of the crumb mix in the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- Place apple slices, spices, and lemon juice in a large plastic bag. Shake until all the apples are covered and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put apples in baking dish on top of crumbs.
- Pour water over apples and top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for about 25 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes to make your crumbs extra crumbly!
- Serve warm. You can also include additional toppings such as caramel sauce or ice cream.
Did you like this Apple Brown Betty Recipe? Find more on my Desserts and Falling for Fall boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Apple Brown Betty Recipe you might also like
Browse All Recipes
See More Fall Recipes and Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.