Chorizo Potato Tacos with crispy potatoes and salty, spicy chorizo are topped with a crisp black bean and cilantro salsa to make a delicious but frugal dinner.
Chorizo Potato Tacos
So lately, I’ve basically had to start doubling my normal taco recipe because my boys (and husband… and daughter… and okay, maybe me, too…) scarf them down like their lives depend on it. With meat prices ever rising, this is causing a bit of a strain on the wallet. To stretch the meat in your normal taco recipe, you can add some potatoes for a tasty, cost-effective filler. Like these Chorizo Potato Tacos. Only one pound of chorizo, but still super delicious and filling. This Chorizo Potato Tacos fed all of our little taco fiends with a bit left for a leftover lunch the next day, which I always love.
Chorizo Potato Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 hard taco shells
- Optional: Cheese, avocado (mashed or sliced), sour cream, or any other desired toppings
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo and cubed potato over medium-high heat. Break up the chorizo as you cook (just like you would while browning ground beef). Continue cooking until the chorizo is cooked and the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine beans, cilantro, oil, and cumin. Toss together until everything is incorporated.
- Fill taco shells with some of the meat and potato mixture. Then put on your black bean mixture, and top with any other additional topping you desire.
Did you like this Chorizo Potato Taco Recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas and Salads & Side Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Chorizo Potato Taco Recipe you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.