Easy but flavorful Crockpot Chicken Tacos are a true fix-it-and-forget meal, with just 5 ingredients. Top these zesty chicken tacos with cheese, sour cream, and pico de gallo for a full meal!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Today I want to share an easy recipe that’s adapted, just a bit, from my Dad. He knows his way around an easy recipe and frequently cooks for himself and my sister. He also insists that I need to add a “lazy man’s corner” to the site for him, so something to consider anyway.
In any case, this Crockpot Chicken Tacos recipe is super delicious, and ridiculously easy. My sister rave about it. My kids loved it (when they actually tried it after much coaxing because it wasn’t the Beef Tacos recipe they’re used to!). Crockpot Chicken Tacos are one of those true fix-it-and-forget it crockpot recipes where you just dump all the ingredients in, and let it cook for the day until you’re ready to eat. My favorite kind of recipe.
As with most Mexican-inspired food, I feel these Crockpot Chicken Tacos aren’t truly complete without tasty toppings like sour cream, pico de gallo, and CHEESE!
For more Crockpot recipes all month long, be sure to check out our Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (I usually just add enough to cover the bottom of the Crockpot)
- 1 ( ounce) container of your favorite salsa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Tortillas for serving
- Additional toppings such as sour cream, pico de gallo, cheese, or guacamole.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover chicken with onions, salsa, and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- Serve warm on tortillas with additional tasty toppings
Did you like this Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe? Find more on my Crockpot and Dinner Ideas boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Crockpot Chicken Tacos recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.