Ginger Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Icing- A delightful twist on traditional carrot cake. A delicious and festive dessert for Fall!
Ginger Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Icing
I tried a new recipe this week, and it came out amazing. I must admit to you, I cannot bake cake. I can bake pies and cookies like a mad woman. But somehow my cake always falls short. However, I’m delighted to announce that these came out amazing! I took a classic pound cake recipe and put a yummy spin on it to make these Ginger Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Icing. So even if you’re not a great baker, try these out! They are delicious, and just perfect for Fall.
Ginger Brown Sugar Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 lb brown sugar (about 2⅓ cups)
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Use THIS cream cheese frosting recipe
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat together butter and shortening until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add alternately with the milk until everything is mixed in. (I added about a third of the dry ingredients. Beat on low until mixed in. Then add ⅓ cup of milk, and beat on low until mixed in. Repeat until all of your dry ingredients and milk are used and incorporated)
- Add vanilla and carrots and mix until blended.
- Pour batter into greased cupcake tin (with liners, if you prefer). Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. (Use the toothpick test. Stick a fork or toothpick in the center of a cupcake. If it comes out clean, they're done! If batter sticks to the toothpick, bake for another 5-7 minutes, and check them again.)
- Follow the instructions in this cream cheese frosting recipe. Add cinnamon and nutmeg in when you add the powdered sugar. If its too thick for you, add milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until cupcakes are cooled and ready to frost.
Did you like these Ginger Brown Sugar Cupcakes? Find more on my Cakes & Cupcakes, Desserts, and Falling for Fall boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Ginger Brown Sugar Cupcakes recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.