Spicy and creamy Sriracha Ranch Black Bean Tacos are way better than your average black bean tacos. They make a fabulous meatless family dinner.
Sriracha Ranch Black Bean Tacos
Sometimes I just can’t explain my thought process. Or cravings. But one day I just had to have some mashed black beans with ranch and Sriracha smothered in melted cheese, and while I was chowing down I realized that it would be equally fantastic served on tortillas, like tacos. So that is exactly what I did here.
I have two kids who are chronically averted to anything spicy, so I kept the Sriracha to a minimum when I make it for family dinner. But if you don’t have that issue, go crazy with it and add as much as your taste buds desire.
Sriracha Ranch Black Bean Tacos Recipe
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup ranch
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Fresh minced cilantro for serving
- 10-12 tortillas
- Additional toppings such as cheese, sour cream, or pico de gallo
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions to skillet and saute until tender and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add half of the black beans to the skillet and continue cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes until heated through and tender.
- Mash black beans in skillet slightly with a slotted spoon or potato masher.
- Stir in ranch, Sriracha, chili powder, and cumin.
- Stir in remaining whole black beans and allow to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on warm tortillas with cilantro and additional toppings of your choosing.
Did you like this Sriracha Black Bean Tacos recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas and Salads & Side Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Sriracha Black Bean Tacos recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.