Named after their eggy-likeness, these Twice Baked Deviled Potatoes are tangy baked potatoes, whipped, and oven-baked to golden perfection.
Twice Baked Deviled Potatoes
I’m sure you’ve heard of deviled eggs, but have you ever heard of deviled potatoes before? Well if you haven’t, I’ll tell you what they are. Baked potatoes with the insides scooped out and whipped with a tangy mustard, stuffed back into the potato shell and baked again to golden perfection. Sounds amazing, right? Well, it is. I won’t lie to you. I may have to go make more right now because just writing about has me drooling. You go make some, too! Nom.
Twice Baked Deviled Potatoes Recipe
- 4-6 baking potatoes, washed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar, divided
- ⅓ cup crumbled bacon
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prick the outsides of potato with a fork. Brush the outside of the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Microwave or bake until tender (about 5 minutes on each side in the microwave or about 50-60 minutes in the oven at 425°).
- When potatoes are tender, gently scoop out pulp and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside the potato skins.
- Mash potato pulp with a potato masher, slightly.
- Add milk, butter, and sour cream, and continue mashing until smooth.
- When potatoes are smooth, add Dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup cheese and remaining ingredients to potato mixture and fold in.
- Spoon or pipe the mashed potato mixture back into the potato skins.
- Place on a baking sheet or in a baking sheet and top with the remaining ½ cup cheddar.
- Bake at 400° for about 5 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Did you like this Twice Baked Deviled Potatoes recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Twice Baked Deviled Potatoes Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.