An Asian kick on your family favorite, these Asian Beef Tacos topped with cool sour cream, crisp cucumber slaw, and spicy Sriracha make taco night even more spectacular.
Asian Beef Tacos
This Asian Beef Tacos recipe is more of an Asian-Mexican fusion idea than authentic Asian food. But even though I can’t claim regional authenticity, I will claim that it’s delicious. Especially if you top your Asian Beef Taco with cool sour cream, crisp cucumber slaw, and spicy Sriracha to seal the deal. It may be one of my favorite taco recipes so far. And that’s saying something because we love taco night!
Asian Beef Tacos Recipe
Asian Beef Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Tortillas for serving
- Additional toppings such as shredded cheese sour cream, or Sriracha
For the Slaw topping
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Prepare the slaw to let sit: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger. Add cucumbers and cabbage and stir to coat with the vinegar mixture. Set aside to sit for at least 15 minutes (You can also pop it in the refrigerator, until you're ready for it.)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with teriyaki, onion, and garlic. Cook until browned and no longer pink. Then drain and return to skillet.
- Add ginger, chili powder, and red pepper flakes to the ground beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Serve on tortillas topped with the cucumber slaw topping and Sriracha.
If you liked this Asian Beef Tacos recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.