Even better than a traditional biscuits, these Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Biscuits are flaky and golden with pops of zesty flavor from sun-dried tomatoes and bacon.
Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Biscuits
Biscuits are a super easy and delicious way to round out a meal. We love them here at the Gracious house. But sometimes it’s fun to go above and beyond your average biscuit by adding in some simple mix-ins, like with these Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Biscuits. These are a traditional flaky, golden biscuit recipe with added pops of flavor from sun dried tomatoes and bacon. And they really taste amazing. Even my kids, who hate the smell of sun dried tomatoes and refuse to eat them on principle, go to town on these flavorful bad boys!
Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 6-8 thick slices of bacon chopped and cooked
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cups cold milk
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add shortening and cut in with a pastry blender or fork until small clumps form, about the size of peas.
- Gently mix in bacon and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring until incorporated.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl by pushing the ingredients towards the outside. Pour cold milk into the well. Mix with a fork until just combined.
- Turn dough out on a well floured surface and roll to a 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2 1/2-3 inch cutter (Or just use a drinking glass about that size.)
- Place biscuits on an un-greased baking sheet, about an inch apart.
- Bake at 400° for about 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown.
If you liked this Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Biscuits recipe you might also like
See More Side Dishes Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.