Crockpot Southwest Cornbread spices up an old favorite with a spicy-sweet combo of cornbread, honey, and green chiles with gooey melted cheese. Serve with your favorite chili recipe!
Crockpot Southwest Cornbread
It’s time to spice up an old favorite! Literally. We’re taking classic cornbread, spicing it up Southwest-style, and cooking it in the Crockpot with this Crockpot Southwest Cornbread recipe.
A sweet and spicy combination really makes this Crockpot Southwest Cornbread amazing. With sweet honey and cornmeal and spicy green chiles plus gooey melted cheese, its sure to be a hit by itself or with your favorite Chili recipe. (Want an amazing chili recipe for the Crockpot? Try this Crockpot Beef Chili!)
I love to put lots of butter on my Crockpot Southwest Cornbread while it’s still warm so that it gets nice and melted and then douse it with some extra honey. All my boys love to crumble it right into their chili. Any way you eat it, Crockpot Southwest Cornbread is sure to be a hit.
For more Crockpot recipes all month long, be sure to check out our Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Southwest Cornbread Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cheese.
- Add egg, chiles, oil, and honey to the flour mixture and whisk until just combined (lumps are okay)
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased (and lined for even easier clean up) slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes before serving
- Serve warm with melted butter and honey, or with your favorite chili recipe.
If you liked this Crockpot Southwest Cornbread recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.