Crockpot Beef Chili made with a classic ground beef chili recipe, simmered to comfort food perfection in the slow cooker. Top with your favorites like cheese, onions, or crackers. Delicious, amazing chili, the easy way.
Crockpot Beef Chili
Ready for a cold weather classic? In the crockpot?! Crockpot Beef Chili is your classic chili with ground beef, slow cooked to perfection in the crockpot. There are so many ways to make chili, and I’d categorize this Crockpot Beef Chili recipe as traditional Midwestern.
For the chili powder in the Crockpot Beef Chili recipe, I always start with 2 tablespoons, but slow cooking has a tendency to suck some of the flavors out and meld them together really well. So if you find your chili isn’t chili-y enough, add an additional tablespoon at the end when you’re taste testing.
Be sure to check out all of our Crockpot Recipes this month on our Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Beef Chili Recipe
Crockpot Beef Chili
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef browned and drained
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans chili beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Additional Toppings: shredded cheese sour cream, chopped onions, or oyster crackers
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until heated through and vegetables are cooked and tender. Add additional chili powder, required, and salt and pepper to taste.
I love to top my chili with cheese, sour cream, and chopped onions, and the rest of the family loves the oyster crackers. What’s your favorite chili topping?
If you liked this Crockpot Beef Chili Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.