Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole is a simple, classic comfort food side dish with salty, starchy potatoes and mounds of gooey cheese. A must-try and family favorite!
Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole is one of Mr. Gracious’ favorites. It’s always at our family potlucks, and he always enjoys far too much of it, I think. So naturally I felt like maybe I should be making this at home too. But I’ve got to tell you, I HATE making side dishes. I mean, I’m already making the entree, and now I’ve got to worry about a bunch of other things cooking to go with it.
Well worry no more, because I’ve found a way to make Mr. Gracious’ favorite in the slow cooker with this Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole. It’s the ultimate comfort food with salty, starchy potatoes and mounds of gooey cheese, all in an easy crockpot dish. I assure you, Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole will soon be your favorite, too.
Be sure to check out MORE Crock Pot recipes all month long on our Crocktober Main Page!
Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (24 ounce) container sour cream
- 4 cups freshly shredded cheddar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded potatoes (shredded hash browns)
- Crumbled bacon and chopped chives *optional- for garnish
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the slow cooker, add sour cream, 3 cups cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Stir in cooled onion mixture.
- Fold in potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 3-3.5 hours.
- Remove lid and top with remaining cheese, and garnish with bacon and chives if desired. Return lid until cheese has melted.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- Cheese: Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, including Gouda, Gruyere, Colby Jack, or anything your heart desires. I recommend using freshly grated cheese, as it will melt better and be less greasy.
- No need to thaw the potatoes!
If you liked this Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.