Have all the flavors of your favorite dessert with these Baked Carrot Cake Donuts with cream cheese frosting for an easy and yummy Spring and Easter breakfast idea.
Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
I finally knocked a kitchen appliance off my wish list. It's been a while. A long while actually. My last must have kitchen gadget was my food processor (which was only $30 and I STILL love, several years later!) So my new kitchen toy? A donut mold!
I have memories of decorating donuts with my grandma in years past, and though I don't think she used a mold to make her yummy donuts, I don't think I'm quite as talented as she is and would probably end up with blobs that taste like donuts but are just not so pretty. So I figured a donut mold would help that situation, and I was right. Just look at these pretty donuts! Plus, they're super tasty too!
Here's the donut mold I got, in case you want one too. It's less than $10, and it's made of silicone, which I love because you can just pop the donuts out, no scraping or prying necessary.
You can make these in less than 30 minutes and they're just perfect for a Spring or Easter morning breakfast. The cream cheese frosting really puts the icing on the cake (ha. Get it?!)
Baked Carrot Cake Donuts Recipe
Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or use this easy buttermilk substitute
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For the frosting
- Use a half batch of THIS CREAM CHEESE FROSTING recipe. If mixture is too thick for your liking add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together, buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and whisk until just combined.
- Fold in carrots and pecans.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased donut mold. Fill about half-way.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
If you liked this Baked Carrot Cake Donuts recipe, you might also like
See More Dessert Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.