The perfect Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting for piping beautiful swirls onto cakes and cupcakes that’s versatile and yummy enough for all of your favorite treats!
Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe was a long time coming, and just in time for Red Velvet cupcakes for Valentine’s Day and Carrot Cake for Easter! This is the Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting that I use eeevvvery time I need cream cheese frosting. I love this recipe because it’s thick enough to pipe, but it’s easy to adjust to make it gooier, just by adding a tablespoon or two of extra milk.
Use this Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting on these tasty treats:
Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 blocks cream cheese, room temperature (8 ounces each)
- 3 pounds powdered sugar about 11 cups
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons cream or milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, and cream cheese.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and continue beating until well combined and creamy.
- Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk and beat again until combined. If mixture is still too thick for your liking, add an additional tablespoon of milk and beat again until you reach you desired consistency.
This is a large batch, which can frost a full size cake or up to 48 cupcakes. You can split the recipe in half for a smaller batch.
If you liked this Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, you might also like
See More Dessert Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Photo Credits: DollarPhotoClub.com