For a quick and easy breakfast, try this Blueberry Pie Oatmeal recipe that's packed with fresh (or frozen!) blueberries, with a little bit of cinnamon and brown sugar for a healthy breakfast in 10 minutes!
Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast ideas for both myself and my kids. It's fast, it's healthy (assuming you don't add too much sugar), and it's yummy. I like to try to mix in fruit sometimes to change it up and add in some extra nutrition, but I don't want to turn it into a huge breakfast project because nobody has time for that! That's why I love this microwave Blueberry Pie Oatmeal recipe. It's super easy (you can make it in the microwave!), it's healthy, and it's always a hit at our house.
Blueberry Pie Oatmeal is loaded with fresh blueberries, and a hint of cinnamon and brown sugar. You can also sub the fresh berries for frozen. We'll usually go blueberry picking in the Summer, and then I'll freeze most of our spoils to use during the rest of the year.
To make this Blueberry Pie Oatmeal, you'll need a large bowl, milk, oats, blueberries, a bit of salt, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, and cinnamon. You'll start off just how you normally make oatmeal, by adding the oats, milk, and salt to a large microwave-safe bowl. Give it a little stir and pop it in the microwave. Microwave your oatmeal for 3 minutes at a time, stirring after each time, until the oats are soft and cooked through. If you're using frozen blueberries, add them in before microwaving so they'll thaw and soften better. This may turn your oatmeal kind of purple, but all the better in my book!
When your oatmeal is cooked, it's time to add in all the yumminess. Add blueberries, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, and cinnamon, and stir to combine. This blueberry pie oatmeal recipe makes 4 servings, so spoon the oatmeal into separate bowls for serving. If you'd like to add a little crunch, sprinkle some chopped almonds on top. Enjoy!
More Oatmeal Ideas:
Blueberry Pie Oatmeal Recipe
Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped almonds optional
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, add milk, oats, and salt.
- Place a wooden spoon on top of bowl to prevent boil-over. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir. Continue microwaving on high for 3 minutes at a time, stirring, until oats are soft and cooked. (If using frozen blueberries, add them before cooking so that they'll soften and cook with the oatmeal.)
- Remove oats from the microwave. Bowl will be hot!!
- Add 1 cup blueberries, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, and cinnamon to oat mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour blueberry pie oatmeal into 4 bowls for serving.
- Top with remaining blueberries and chopped almonds. Enjoy.
Did you like this Blueberry Pie Oatmeal Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Blueberry Pie Oatmeal recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Love some fruit in my oatmeal. Thanks for sharing the great-looking recipe!
Cooking oatmeal in microwave made for some of the freakiest and most tender oatmeal I've ever had! Doing it this way from now on 👍