Zesty spicy Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts smothered in buffalo sauce and stuffed with creamy blue cheese is an elegant way to enjoy your favorite appetizer for dinner.
Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts
I made these Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts one night on a complete whim, and boy am I glad I did. Basically, I just had all the right ingredients, and I was making a different stuffed chicken breasts recipe, when I decided this one would be tasty to try out too. So, thank my ADD for this tasty dinner.
Chicken breasts are stuffed full of rich blue cheese, and drenched in spicy, tangy buffalo sauce.
You start by cutting a slit in the the chicken breast to stuff, then stuff it full of blue cheese (or mozzarella, if you’d rather). If you find the chicken breasts are too thin to stuff, you can pound them out to 1/4-inch thick, place the blue cheese on half, then fold it in half like a quesadilla. Whichever method you choose, you’ll want to hold the opening closed using toothpicks, as the chicken will shrink back as it cooks. You don’t want your filling to fall out!
Next you’ll prepare the buffalo sauce. Super simple, just melt the butter, and whisk in the remaining ingredients. You can add more hot sauce if you like yours super spicy. I recommend using actual hot sauce like Frank’s, and not a buffalo version. Set aside your sauce and get ready for the final cooking!
Add oil to a separate large skillet, and let it get hot. Add your chicken breasts to the hot skillet and brown them on both sides. This will give them a nice crust and help hold in all of the juicy flavor. If you’re using an oven-safe skillet, you can just pour your buffalo sauce straight over the chicken, or you can transfer the chicken to an oven-safe baking dish and then pour the sauce over. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, until it’s cooked through.
You can serve this tasty Buffalo Stuffed Chicken with your favorite buffalo chicken sides and dipping sauces, like french fries, onion rings, celery, ranch, or blue cheese. Enjoy!
Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast (about 2 inches long).
- Stuff each chicken breast with crumbled blue cheese. Close slit using toothpicks. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce. In a separate medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add hot sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet, and brown on both sides.
- Pour prepared sauce over chicken, and continue cooking in skillet for 1 minute.
- Place entire oven proof skillet in oven and finish cooking chicken in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
Did you like this Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.