Cheesy Cheez It Chicken Tenders Recipe- baked chicken tenderloins with a crunchy cheesy Cheez-It breading.
Baked Cheesy Cheez It Chicken Tenders
I have to be totally honest with you, this recipe just did not want to come together! I found this amazing recipe for Ritz Chicken on Pinterest, and I thought, that could be even yummier if you used Cheez-Its! More cheese = more yum, right?! I finally got this Baked Cheesy Cheez It Chicken Tenders Recipe just right, and now I’m ready to share it with you.
But first the bloopers: My first attempt, I used sour cream instead of milk thinking it might add more flavor and keep the chicken moist. Epic. Fail. The chicken tasted alright, but all of the breading kind of just slid right off. It wasn’t crispy chicken tenders, more of a chicken casserole type dish.
My next dish I decided to just stick to the original. There was probably a reason it was so popular! But with the milk, I couldn’t get any of the breading to stick at all! So here I had a bunch of baked chicken with like three cracker crumbs on each piece. Another fail.
The next time I tried it, I decided to process the cheese and the crackers together. And the breading stuck! I thought I finally had it! Until I baked them and the breading came off when I flipped them over, and they were once again sad breading-less chicken pieces.
So what was the trick that finally made this work? A combination of processing the crumbs finely and flour dredging and a GREASED baking sheet! Combine these things all together and you can finally have some yummy Baked Cheesy Cheez It Chicken Tenders!
Cheez It Chicken Tenders Recipe
Cheesy Cheez It Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 2-3 pounds chicken tenderloin strips
- 1/2 a 14 ounce box of Cheez-It crackers
- 3 cups cheddar shredded
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place your crackers and cheese in a food processor, and process until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Place your cracker mixture in a medium bowl, and pour your milk into a separate medium bowl, and your flour in another bowl.
- Now we're going to dredge the chicken. Dip the chicken into the flour to provide just a thin coating. Then dip a strip of chicken into the milk. Then put into the cracker mixture bowl, and cover completely with crackers. Remove and place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat this process for each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 400° for about 6-8 minutes on each side (12-16 minutes total), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm with veggies or fries, and of course, a dipping sauce!
If you liked this Cheez It Chicken Tenders Recipe you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.