Bruschetta Chicken Bake is a quick and easy, cheesy casserole, topped with a zesty bruschetta, and a crunchy topping. Whip it up in 40 minutes for an easy to make one dish dinner the whole family will love!
Bruschetta Chicken Bake
This Bruschetta Chicken Bake is a delightful combination of a comfy casserole and flavorful Italian bruschetta! It is a simple meal that is just pack to the brim with flavor.
It has bite-sized tender chicken pieces smothered in gooey mozzarella cheese, with a little Parmesan too, because why not. On top, there's a fresh homemade bruschetta and crunchy topping. It seems so flavorful, you would never guess that it was made by dumping it all in one pan.
Bruschetta Chicken Bake is also a yummy freezer meal, so I've included instructions for freezing in the recipe below.
Can You Use Canned Tomatoes?
Yes! You can use 2 (15 ounce) cans canned tomatoes, half drained. This is a great option if tomatoes are out of season.
What to Serve with Bruschetta Chicken Bake
This is one of those awesome casseroles that already has a meat, cheese, vegetable, and carb. So it pretty much covers your bases.
If you'd like to stretch this casserole a little more for a bigger group, we like to serve it with a fresh Caesar salad (salad kits are bomb for this!) or a quick stovetop vegetable like these buttery green beans with shallots.
You can also serve it on top of white or brown rice, quinoa, or on spaghetti noodles seasoned with butter and Parmesan.
More Easy Casserole Recipes You'll Love
- One Dish Baked Cheesy Chicken Pasta - Make this whole meal in one dish. Throw everything in raw (including the noodles!) and pull out a creamy tomato pasta topped with juicy chicken and gooey cheese.
- Unstuffed Peppers - stuffed peppers made easier! All the same great flavors, mixed together like a casserole.
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole - a family favorite with ground and corn, lots of crispy tots and finished with some gooey cheese.
- Taco Bake Casserole - one of my hubby's childhood favorites. A creamy seasoned ground beef base, topped with lots of crispy tortilla chips and lots of gooey cheese
- Hawaiian Pizza Pasta Bake - everything you love about Hawaiian pizza in this easy baked pasta recipe
Bruschetta Chicken Bake
- 6 Roma tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 package Stuffing Mix (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water optional
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts uncooked, sliced into bite-sized bits
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinaigrette, and stuffing. Stir until combined, and set aside. If your bruschetta mixture seems a little dry, you can add 2-4 tablespoons water to moisten it a bit.
- Place chicken pieces in a 13"x9" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Pour bruschetta mixture on top of chicken
- Bake in a 400°F oven for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Balsamic vinaigrette: If you don't have any, substitute 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Stuffing Mix: I usually use the herbed mix or the chicken mix for this recipe.
- Roma tomatoes: These are the best to use because they're juicy, red, ripe, and flavorful. If tomatoes are out of season, and you're trying to avoid watery tomatoes, use 2 cans of diced tomatoes, half drained.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare casserole. Stop before baking. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking. Bake time will likely need to be increased by about 5-8 minutes to account for the dish going in cold.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in September 2014. It was updated with new pictures, tips, and video and republished in April 2021.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
That looks delicious! I bet you could use up some garden tomatoes instead of the canned at this time of year!
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
Sounds wonderful...and easy...which is just what we can use around here right now! Thanks for sharing it with us at Foodie Fridays! Pinning! Hope to see you again Thursday night!
Thanks for linking my recipe for Grilled Chicken alfredo Pasta Bake. Your recipe looks yummy!
Marianne Haas says
Could this recipe be doubled to feed 12 ladies for Bunco night? What size pan if I made two pans?
This is made in a 9"x13" standard size casserole dish. So to double it would just be 2 pans 🙂 I'm not sure if it would bake correctly if you doubled it in one dish.
Tracy Willis says
I have made this recipe several times. I made 2 adjustments. I spli the cheese half and half mozzarella and pepper Jack. I also added crushed red pepper to the spices. I did not measure, just sprinkled on chicken with basil, oregano, and cheese. It is delish. Thank you for the recipe
Very tasty wish I knew to freeze some before I made it
This looks so unusual and tasty - I can't buy stuffing mix here in Madrid, should I sub with fresh breadcrumb stuffing or dried ones?
Dry would be better. Or a package of croutons!
Such an easy recipe to make. Great weekday meal.
I had to try it when you wrote that it made a great freezer meal. Life is so busy some times that freezers meals are a lifesaver. It came out great and my family loved it.
I love all of the flavors in this recipe!! It's such a comforting and easy casserole to make - was perfect for our dinner last night!
Oh yum! Such a flavorful one dish meal! I love that the prep time is only 10 minutes too.
A great way to dress up plain old chicken. Delicious!
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
My family is going to love this, thank you for the recipe!
I'm always looking for new ways to cook chicken and this turned out so good!
Diana Reis says
This is a great updated casserole dish. It is both comforting and fresh.
Thank you! It was Very Delicious! I served it with mashed potato. Will definitely be making this again in the future.
I Prepared this last night and was very disappointed. The dish did not have the 'punch' of flavor, in fact, my son said if he didn't know better, he would have thought he had covid (no taste) symptoms. I was told by my family to please not ever make it again!
Did you make any substitutions? Because this recipe is packed with a full tablespoon of garlic, plus herbs and fresh tomatoes, in addition to the stuffing mix. It's hard to get much more flavor than that.
Yummy! This is so delicious and very flavorful! The family loves this casserole! Definitely making this again soon! Such a great recipe and yummy dinner!
This meal is superb!! Quickly became a new favorite at my house!
Beth Pierce says
This is an absolutely delicious casserole. I made it a few nights ago, and I've already got it scheduled into my rotation for the foreseeable future.
Claudia Lamascolo says
What a great recipe, delicious and easy I will definitely make this again!
This was a great new way to transform the chicken breasts in the fridge into a delicious family meal.
This looks so delicious!! Love all of the flavors and textures in this recipe - can't wait to try it soon!
So moist and so many rich flavors - the whole family loved it!
This was delicious. Even my picky eaters enjoyed it! Adding to my monthly rotation.
Very good! Loved the crunchy bruschetta topping! And it came together so quickly too!" Will definitely make it again on another busy weeknight!