Get all the delicious comforting flavor you love in classic stuffed peppers in just 30 minutes with this equally yummy but twice as easy Unstuffed Peppers recipe.
Mr. Gracious has a few favorites that he eats at the firehouse all the time. One of these is stuffed peppers. Now, I’m all for a good stuffed pepper, but they just seem so involved and time consuming to make. So I have this slow cooker stuffed peppers recipe which is great, but I needed even easier than that, folks. I am just so bogged with schedules and life right now.
This led me to the totally delicious decision to make UNstuffed peppers. All of the yummy ingredients you use in stuffed peppers, only they’re not stuffed. Get it? UNstuffed peppers. This unstuffed peppers recipe was a huge hit at our house. And even though my children are convinced that bell peppers are the devil and should never be consumed under any circumstances, they gobbled down their unstuffed peppers like it was mac and cheese night.
Yup. It’s that good. And just for you, here’s a gratuitous cheese shot.
Unstuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 green peppers cut into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon steak and burger seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion and green peppers. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add steak seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, spaghetti sauce, and rice to the ground beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Continue simmering for about 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- When rice is tender, stir in cup shredded mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup mozzarella on top. Cover and continue cooking until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
If you liked this Unstuffed Peppers Recipe, you might also like
See More Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.