Have cheesecake for breakfast with Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake! Fresh strawberries, creamy cheesecake spread, and a graham cracker topping!
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
For breakfast this morning, our family had this amazing Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake. A couple of weeks ago, I made a delicious Blueberry Banana French Toast Bake, and it was so awesome, I wanted to try it again with some new flavors.
I did make some changes to the general recipe, other than just the flavor.
1. I used French bread. The Hawaiian rolls were delicious but with the added moisture from the cream cheese I needed something stiffer to hold up better for an overnight recipe.
2. I used less milk and eggs. Again, to give it more structure since the bread will be soaking the whole night.
So here's the new Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake recipe!
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake Recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Bake
- 1 large loaf French bread (1 to 1½ pounds) sliced (about 20-24 slices)
- 1 pound strawberries sliced
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 graham crackers crushed
- 1½ tablespoons melted butter
For Syrup (optional):
- ½ cup Strawberry jam or preserves
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, beat together all cheesecake filling ingredients until fully mixed and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over about ⅔ of your bread slices (about 16-18 of the slices).
- Place half of the bread with cream cheese in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the strawberries on top the bread with cream cheese.
- Repeat bread and strawberry layers once more.
- Cube the remaining bread slices and spread on top of your last layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining strawberries on top.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and milk until blended well. Add cinnamon and beat again.
- Pour egg mixture in the baking dish over your cubed bread slices.
- Cover with foil and lightly press everything down to flatten and allow the bread to soak up the egg mixture. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, take the dish out of the fridge and allow it to rest while waiting for your oven to preheat to 350°F.
- To make the crumb topping, mix 3 crushed graham crackers and 1-½ T melted butter with a fork. Sprinkle over french toast before baking and recover.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25-30 minutes.
To Make the Syrup:
- Combine strawberry jam and maple syrup in a bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds at a time until mixture is smooth and warm. Drizzle over finished Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Bake before serving.
Did you like this Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.