Cheesy Corn Bake recipe is creamy, cheesy, and warm. Basically your perfect casserole and comfort food dream! Perfect for a hearty side dish at home, or a dish to pass at a potluck or holiday dinner!
Cheesy Corn Bake
As I am writing this it is basically a beautiful Fall day. Sunny and bright and just this side of warm enough to go out without a coat. Perfect. And you know what that means? It’s casserole season!!! My favorite season. I may even like it more than pumpkin season. I don’t know. It’s a close one…
This Cheesy Corn Bake is a casserole recipe that you’re definitely going to want to try. Warm, creamy, and cheesy, you’re not going to want to stop eating it. And who could blame you. It’s the perfect dish to go with any of your favorite dinners, but it’s also the perfect recipe to bring to holidays or potlucks. It’s a guaranteed hit. Everything you love about comfort food and casseroles!
To make your own Cheesy Corn Bake, prep your ingredients. Then, add butter in a medium skillet over medium heat to melt. When the butter is melted, add onions and peppers and saute for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and continue sauteing for an additional 2 minutes, until vegetables are tender and garlic is fragrant. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside for now. Grab a 9-inch square baking dish (or round dish works, too. Whatever you have on hand). Add your cream cheese and sour cream, and whisk them together until smooth. Then add your corn and sauteed veggies and fold in gently. Spread the mixture out smooth in the dish. Then top with shredded cheese and fresh parsley for garnish. Bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow Cheesy Corn Bake to set for 5-10 minutes before serving, then serve warm. Enjoy!
Cheesy Corn Bake Recipe
Cheesy Corn Bake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 16 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey-Jack or Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers and saute until tender and onion is translucent, about 2-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper, and continue sauteing for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetable mixture from heat and set aside.
- In a 9"x 9" baking dish, add softened cream cheese and sour cream and whisk together until smooth.
- Add corn and sauteed vegetables to the baking dish. Stir to combine and to fully coat the vegetables with the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture smooth then top with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and dish is cooked through.
- Serve immediately, while cheese is warm and melted.
Did you like this Cheesy Corn Bake recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Cheesy Corn Bake recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.