This Easy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe is a quick and easy dinner idea, modeled after our favorite Japanese restaurant, that the whole family will love.
Easy Chicken Teriyaki
Have you ever been to the Sarku Japan restaurant? We have one in our mall and it’s soooo yummy. Sadly, I don’t see much of the mall these days
with three tiny tots, so I wanted to be able to indulge my craving for delicious chicken teriyaki at home.
This easy chicken teriyaki is a super simple and fast dinner. The whole thing can be pulled together in 30 minutes, and it’s a real crowd-pleaser. We never have leftovers when I make this because everyone loves it so much.
Plus, it’s pretty close to my mall food addiction. We use the Aldi brand teriyaki sauce (the pineapple teriyaki one with the purple label!) and it works brilliantly, but of course you can use your favorite teriyaki sauce to make this easy chicken teriyaki. I do advice choosing a marinade-type sauce because your typical teriyaki sauce tends to be very salty, which is great in moderation, but not so great when salt turns out to be the highlight of your dish instead of a sweet, tangy, and flavorful teriyaki.
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- 2.5 pounds chicken tenderloins cut into thin small strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- half a medium onion sliced or coarsely chopped
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce or marinade
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger just a pinch
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder another pinch
- Melt your butter (or heat your oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add your chicken, onions, and about 2 tablespoons of the Teriyaki sauce. Continue cooking until onions are translucent and chicken is cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain some of the drippings from the skillet.
- Return to heat and add the remaining teriyaki, ginger, and garlic powder. Continue cooking over medium-high heat for another 3-5 minutes so that the teriyaki really coats the chicken.
If you liked this Easy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.