Learn how to make homemade Fried Rice at home! With classic flavors like Teriyaki sauce and garlic, there's no need to order out! As good as the real thing!
Homemade Fried Rice
No need to order out tonight! Just learn how to make fried rice in your very own home with this easy homemade fried rice recipe!
The key to any good fried rice is that you use "old" rice. That is, rice that has been cooked prior to the frying process. Minimally, I would recommend the rice be cooked 24 hours prior to frying, but it can be several days old too! Hello, leftovers idea! (I think this goes without saying, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway... Please, don't use rotten "old" rice!)
I love to serve this Homemade Fried Rice with my Easy Chicken Teriyaki on top! It's so yummy, and the kids love it too. There's never any leftovers! Take-out right at home!
Homemade Fried Rice Recipe
Easy Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked and chilled day old rice
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots thawed and patted dry
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- White pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide veggies to the side, and pour in beaten eggs into the other side of the skillet.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, toss scrambled eggs with the cooked vegetables.
- Add rice to the veggie and egg mixture.
- Pour in soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
- Add white pepper and adjust soy sauce to taste. Top with green onions.
- Freezer DirectionS
If you liked this Homemade Fried Rice Recipe, you might also like:
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.