Light and fluffy with the perfect amount of crispy, these cool and minty Mint Chocolate Meringues are perfect for mint chocolate lovers. Festive for Christmas or St Patrick’s Day too!
Mint Chocolate Meringues
I love meringues. They’re so pretty and so hands off. People always think they’re some sort of difficult, elaborate treat when I bring them somewhere, but really they’re ridiculously simple to make. Mix it up in the mixer, spoon or pipe onto a baking sheet, bake, and store in a cool, dry place.
My kids call meringues “marshmallow cookies” because they say it reminds them of the marshmallows in cereal. And if I’m honest, vanilla meringues do kind of taste like it. But to go along with my recent mint kick, I thought these Mint Chocolate Meringues would be delicious and fun for St Patrick’s Day.
These are pretty much just like your classic meringues, but I do have a couple tips. If you want to mix the chocolate chips into the meringues, you either have to spoon it onto the baking sheet or use an open round tip like the Wilton 2A tip (I used a Wilton 4B tip for the ones pictured). I tried mixing them in and using a star tip and it kept getting clogged, so I had to start all over. Otherwise, you can just sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top, and it works beautifully.
Also, mix in your mint extract into the meringues at the beginning (as well as the vanilla and food coloring). Adding it at the end will make it too runny to handle.
Mint Chocolate Meringues Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add egg whites to mixing bowl and allow to stand for 30 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Add vanilla, mint, food coloring, and salt to egg whites and begin beating on medium speed until mixture is white and foamy.
- Gradually begin adding sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue mixing after each addition until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Continue beating until mixture is opaque, glossy, and is forming stiff peaks.
- Transfer meringue mixture to a pastry bag with tip attached (I used a 4B tip to make these)
- Pipe mixture to 1.5-2 inches in diameter on a parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure that meringues are about an inch apart because they do spread just a bit.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 200° oven for about 1 hour - 1 hour 20 minutes, until meringues are firm to the touch, but not yet browning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Transfer to a dry, air-tight container and store at room temperature.
If you liked this Mint Chocolate Meringues Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.