Cool, refreshing cookies with decadent chocolate chips all in this chewy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. Perfect for Mint Chocolate lovers!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
I did warn you I was going a little crazy with the mint, yes? This recipe shouldn’t be a surprise to you! While I’ve been playing with mint, I decided to use it in my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe to get these AH-mazing Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. Seriously so good. Sweet, chewy, and minty with the decadent, bitter note of chocolate chips. Yum.
For these cookies, I used half chocolate chips and half Andes Menthe Baking Chips (you can grab those HERE on Amazon), but you can use one or the other, or both, like me. They’ll turn out delicious no matter what kind of chip you use!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter not margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 12 ounce package Andes baking chips or chocolate chips
- Green food coloring optional
- First, mix flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy and well combined.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and green food coloring and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture and beat slowly until fully combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, and you're ready for baking!
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and drop onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, making sure cookies are at least 2 inches apart
- Bake in a 350° oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
If you liked this Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.