Peppermint Fudge Cookies are a chocolate fudge dream, topped with a peppermint patty for a little Christmas festiveness.
Peppermint Fudge Cookies
These Peppermint Fudge Cookies are a chocolate fudge dream, topped with a peppermint patty for a little Christmas festiveness. They’re absolutely perfect for the holidays. Soft and gooey, with a touch of minty-goodness. I mean, what says Christmas more than mint AND cookies?!
Peppermint Fudge Cookies Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus one tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 snack size peppermint patties
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat again.
- Melt the baking chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
- Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and mix again.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder, and add to the butter mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a rounded tablespoon to scoop out the dough and shape into balls.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Press one peppermint patty onto each cookie, and bake for another 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For more amazing Christmas Cookies Recipes, check out the rest of our recipes at our Week of Christmas Cookies main page.
If you liked this Peppermint Fudge Cookies recipe, you might also like:
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.