Valentine's Day Heart Felt Garland- Easy and frugal DIY heart felt garland for Valentine's Day decor.
Easy Valentine's Day Felt Garland Decor
Valentine's Day Heart Felt Garland
One sheet of felt makes about 12 hearts, which comes out to about 2-2.5 feet. This Valentine's Day Heart Felt Garland is a fairly easy and frugal DIY Valentine's Day project. And it looks so pretty!
- Felt sheets (number will vary depending on how long you want your garland?
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Large eye needle
- Large beads (at least a half-inch)
- Scissors or a rotary cutter (you'll probably want to get out your mat too if you're using your rotary cutter)
Directions for Valentine's Day Heart Felt Garland:
1. Fold your felt in half length-wise so that you have a long skinny rectangle.
2. Sew a half inch seam along the folded edge. I went over it a few times to make sure it would hold.
3. Take apart the un-sewn edges and fold them over the seam until they meet on the other side. Your felt should look like a heart already. Sew a quarter inch seam to hold those two edges together. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 for all your felt.
4. Flatten your felt and lay it down horizontally (so that the width is bigger than the height). Now you cut 1-inch vertical strips. These will be your hearts. (They'll likely need a little fluffing out after the cutting)
5. Thread your large needle with the string you'll be using to make the garland. I left the string attached to the spool because I wasn't sure how long the garland would be, but if you have a certain length in mind, you can cut it to that length.
6. Thread a large bead or 2 onto the string to start you off. If you know how long you want your garland, you can tie a knot around the end bead to keep it on. I let my beads hang out on the string until I was done since I knew I would likely need them to slide around. I just used the above beads that I found at Wal-Mart. Here are some similar ones in black, pink, and silver
7. Pinch the top of your heart together so you can sew through the side, then the middle, then the other side. Then sew through.
8. Add a bead. Again, if you know how long your garland will be, you can fluff your heart out and tie a knot around the bead so there's no sliding. If you're playing guess-and-check, I would do it at the end.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until your garland reaches the desired length.
10. When you're done stringing all your hearts, fluff them out and tie a knot around each of the beads so they don't slide, if you haven't already.
Did you like this DIY Valentine's Day Paper Felt Garland tutorial? Find more on my Valentine's Day and DIY & Crafts boards on Pinterest!
Valentine's Day Heart Paper Garland - 2 Tutorials!
DIY Valentine's Day Decorations
See More Valentine's Day Recipes and Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
What a cute idea for Valentine's Day! I'm gonna have to make one of these for myself! 🙂 Have a great week!
Seriously cute! Thank you for sharing!
This is just about my sewing speed! Love the simplicity of it and how the beads really make it stand out. Featuring when my link party opens up tonight.
Love your garland! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week.
Thank you so much! And thank you for hosting every week!