Valentine's Day Heart Paper Garlands- Easy and frugal DIY heart paper garlands for Valentine's Day decor. TWO different tutorials!
Easy Valentine's Day Paper Garland Decor
I've seen these paper heart garlands floating around Pinterest, and they looked so eye-catching and easy that I just had to try it myself. I have two tutorials here. One for a vertical hanging Valentine's Day Paper Garland and another one for a horizontal garland. I love that these are so easy and frugal! And they make quite a statement. I'm now considering making some for a party I'm throwing next month!
One recommendation that I have is to choose either heavy construction paper or cardstock and just stick with that one type of paper. I tried to mix construction paper and cardstock in one of my garlands and the cardstock was too heavy for the construction paper so it got a little droopy.
If you're looking for more easy and frugal Valentine's Day decor, check out my Valentine's Day Heart Felt Garland!
(I didn't end up using any tape!)
Directions for Valentine's Day Heart Paper Garland #1:
This tutorial is for the vertical Heart Garland.
1. Cut your paper into one-and-a-half inch strips, length-wise (so that you're strips are about 12 inches long). Cut your ribbon into pieces so you can hang your garland from it. I cut mine about 6-8 inches long.
2. Fold each strip in half (so that now your strips are 6 inches longs). place a ribbon (I looped it so it would be easier to hang) between the fold, and staple about a half inch up from the fold.
3. Separate the un-stapled edges and fold, without creasing, so that they meet on the other side of the fold. Add another folded strip to the chain so that it "v's" over top of the first heart. Staple about a half inch up from the fold.
4. Repeat step 3 until your garland reaches the desired length.
Directions for Valentine's Day Heart Paper Garland #2:
This tutorial is for the horizontal paper heart garland.
1. Prepare your paper the same way you did for garland #1, in 1.5-inch strips cut length-wise. You will also need additional paper, cut into half inch strips width-wise (so that the strips are about 8-9 inches long. My half inch strips are the white ones). You need an equal amount of half inch and one-and-a-half inch strips.
2. Fold each of your one-and-a-half inch strips in half, so that now they're about 6 inches long.
3. Place a staple about a half inch above the side with the fold.
4. Fold the un-stapled edges around, without creasing, so that they meet on the other side. Staple about a quarter inch up from where the two edges meet. Your paper will now look like a heart. Continue making hearts until you run out of one-and-a-half inch strips.
5. When all of your hearts are ready, take a half inch strip and loop it through two hearts. Add a staple to hold it together. Continue until all your hearts are connected.
If you liked this DIY Valentine's Day Paper Heart Garland tutorial, you might also like
See More Valentine's Day Recipes and Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.