Banana Split Ice Cream Pie turns the banana split Summer staple into a fabulous family-sized dessert recipe that everyone will love!
Banana Split Ice Cream Pie
You can never really have too much Banana Split, am I right? It’s a warm weather staple, and a right of passage for kids! I wanted to make a really fun banana split so I turned it into a Banana Split Ice Cream Pie.
The kids went nuts over my Banana Split Ice Cream Pie. Graham cracker crust and banana swirl ice cream topped with fresh strawberries, crushed pineapple, chocolate sauce, more bananas, whipped cream, and a cherry, of course. What’s not to love?!
Banana Split Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups fine graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 T sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 bananas, mashed
- ½ pound of strawberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple (canned is fine)
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- An additional banana, sliced
- Start by adding your strawberries and 2 teaspoons of sugar to a bowl. Stir to combine, and refrigerate. This will give them a chance to juice up a bit.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add butter to the graham crackers and stir until coated.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9-inch pie pan. Use a flat bottom glass to flatten the crust.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding filling. You can stick it in the refrigerator to speed it up a bit.
- Mash 5 bananas in a mixing bowl. Add ice cream and gently fold in the bananas. You want it swirled, not fully incorporated so be gentle!
- Add the banana swirled ice cream mixture to the pie pan with the graham cracker crust. Spread evenly and return to the freezer until hardened.
- Just before serving, remove pie from the freezer.
- Add your pineapple in the middle of the pie. Then a circle of the juiced strawberries around the pineapple. Then the sliced banana around the outside of the pie.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the pie. Add whipped cream and cherries. Serve cold.
If you liked this Banana Split Ice Cream Pie Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.