Buffalo Chicken Salad- classic greens topped with chicken tenders tossed in buffalo sauce and of course some creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Today I want to share a fun way to switch up your salad! A few weeks ago I posted an Onion Ring Southwest Salad with Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing. It was super tasty and a large part of the inspiration for this Buffalo Chicken Salad. The other thing that inspired me to create this delicious Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe was Cracker Barrel’s Chicken Tenderloin Salad. It’s basically chicken fingers… on a salad. Two of my favorites combined into one. Yes, please! It’s my go-to order at Cracker Barrel, and now I want to spice it up, literally, with my Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 package breaded chicken tenders about 12-16 tenders, 2 per person
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/3 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Monterey or mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped
- 4-5 green onions finely sliced
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cook chicken tenders according to package instructions. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- Place buffalo sauce in a medium bowl. Toss and spin chicken tenders in sauce to fully coat. Remove tenders to original baking sheet. Set aside. Optional: Chop chicken tenders before or after coating in buffalo sauce for easier bite-sized pieces.
- Combine lettuce, cheese, carrots, celery, and green onions in a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- To serve, place a generous portion of the lettuce mixture onto each individual plate. Place buffalo chicken tenders on top, and drizzle the whole salad with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
If you like this Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe you might also like:
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.