Creamy Fried Confetti Corn is a Southern side dish with creamy corn and chopped pepper, pan-fried with bacon and sausage. Made all in one skillet!
Creamy Fried Confetti Corn
Day #2 in our week of Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes! Today I have a side dish that can be made in just one skillet on the stove-top to keep your oven free for the turkey! Creamy Fried Confetti Corn is a veggie dish that also features bacon and sausage. What could be better?!
For the smoked sausage, I usually buy a package of sausage where the sausages are about the size of your average hot dog, and slice it up. If you bought bigger sausage, that’s ok. You may want to slice it long-ways too, depending on how much sausage you’d like in each bite.
Creamy Fried Confetti Corn Recipe
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup sliced smoked sausage
- 4 cups sweet corn (fresh, frozen, or canned- drained if canned)
- ½ a large sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 of a block)
- ¼ cup half and half
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp (or on a baking sheet in the oven at 400°, for a faster method) Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Save 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute onion, corn, sausage, and peppers in drippings in skillet over medium heat for about 6 minutes or onion is translucent and vegetables are tender.
- Add cream cheese and half-and-half, stirring until cream cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with bacon.
Did you like this Creamy Fried Confetti Corn Recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes, Dinner Ideas, and Thanksgiving boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Creamy Fried Confetti Corn Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.