A sweet, maple twist on a classic favorite, this homemade Maple Cornbread recipe is made from scratch and takes traditional cornbread to a whole new delicious level.
When I think about the flavors of Fall, I think of cinnamon and apples and pumpkin and maple. And since I shared a delicious sweet apple cornbread recipe last year, it was a no-brainer to try a maple cornbread recipe this year. Now I don’t even normally care for cornbread, but these sweet versions that are almost like cake… Mmmmm…..
Now, in my own personal humble opinion, Maple Cornbread is not just a great cornbread recipe, it’s the best cornbread recipe. It takes the sweet-salty cornbread classic to a whole new level.
This maple cornbread recipe is made totally from scratch, not from a box. But don’t worry. It’s not hard at all. Super easy, and just about a half hour to make, start to finish.
Maple Cornbread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup maple syrup, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add ½ cup melted butter, milk, egg, and ½ cup maple syrup to the well in the dry ingredients.
- Gently whisk just until combined.
- Pour batter in a lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes, until cooked all the way through, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs.
- While the maple cornbread is cooking, melt remaining butter. Then beat together remaining butter and maple syrup.
- When cornbread is done cooking, brush maple syrup and butter mixture on top.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Did you like this Maple Cornbread Recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Maple Cornbread Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.