Easy, no bake Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats make a pretty and festive treat for St Patrick’s Day, or even just for fun, that everyone will love!
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
If you’re looking for a fun but simple treat for St Patrick’s Day, look no further. These Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats require absolutely no baking, take less than 30 minutes to make, and turn out super cute. The kids loved them, and I did too! Rainbows make everything so pretty!
I like to use gel food coloring because it’s vibrant and a little goes a long way. This Wilton Gel Food Coloring set has all the colors you need and then some.
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter divided
- 9 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 12 cups puffed rice cereal
- Food coloring in rainbow colors
- Butter the inside of a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows in a medium mixing bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes, until butter is melted and marshmallows are soft.
- Add your first food color (I used the traditional rainbow order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) and whisk together quickly.
- Fold in 2 cups rice cereal.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish, using a greased spatula to spread. I also used a piece of wax paper to help spread the layers flat without a sticky mess.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for the remaining colors of the rainbow.
- When all the layers are prepared, allow to cool. Then cut into squares for serving
If you liked this Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.