Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is the perfect traditional dish to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. Fix it and forget it with this easy Crockpot version.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional Irish recipe that is an amazing, and delicious, way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is a super simple recipe that you can throw in your Crockpot in the morning, and it will be ready by dinner time. The way the cabbage is packed in the slow cooker keeps this slow cooker corned beef and cabbage nice and juicy.
If you’re using a larger corned beef brisket than the recipe indicates (3 1/2 pounds), I suggest adding some additional water to help it stay moist and tender. I would recommend adding about 1 additional cup of water for each additional pound.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 4-5 medium red potatoes quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion wedged
- 1 cabbage wedged
- Corned beef brisket about 3 1/2 pounds, either pre-spiced or one that comes with a spice packet
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place corned beef brisket on top of veggies. Pack the cabbage wedges around the edges of the slow cooker, between the dish and the brisket. It should be packed pretty tightly as this helps the corned beef stay juicy.
- Pour water into the slow cooker. I try not to pour it directly on top of the brisket so the spices don't come off.
- Add your caraway seeds and spice packet, if you have one. I like to add a couple stray cabbage leaves on the very top, too.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
If you liked this Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.