Quick, easy, and frugal, this 3 Bean Enchiladas recipe with 3 types of beans and lots of cheese is the perfect way to eat vegetarian for a delicious and cheap family dinner!
3 Bean Enchiladas
I’m really trying to cut down on our spending this year. I want to tell you all about that, but it’s a long story for another day, I think. Anyway, one of the ways I’m doing that is by trying to go vegetarian at least once per week. This is a lot harder than it sounds, especially when your husband insists it’s not a meal unless there’s some kind of meat involved.
Thankfully, I’ve been pretty successfully subbing meat for beans without much argument. I’m guessing it’s because the recipes are turning out so yummy that it’s hard to complain. Mr. Gracious was eating the bean filling right out of the bowl while I was trying to stuff these 3 Bean Enchiladas! He said they’d make fantastic tacos too, if you want to make it even easier!
These simple 3 Bean Enchiladas are so good because it’s a combination of classic and simple flavors. It’s not too overwhelming, and it allows you to really enjoy what is there. That’s my favorite kind of food. The kind that brings you back to the basics. After all, you can’t go wrong with a classic. I hope you enjoy these 3 Bean Enchiladas as much as we did!
3 Bean Enchiladas Recipe
3 Bean Enchiladas
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 4 ounce green chiles
- 1 28 ounce enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions to skillet and saute until tender and translucent, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all beans, sour cream, cilantro, green chiles, cumin, cooled onions, 1 cup shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Stuff each tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons of bean filling.
- Roll tortillas filled with beans and place in a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese, and extra cilantro for garnish.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and 3 Bean Enchiladas are heated through.
- Serve warm with Mexican rice.
Did you like this 3 Bean Enchiladas recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this 3 Bean Enchiladas recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.