Classic Italian flavors featuring five different cheeses, garlic, spinach, and red sauce this 5 Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe is creamy, cheesy, and satisfying. Perfect for a meatless family dinner recipe!
5 Cheese Stuffed Shells
I have another vegetarian (cheese lover) friendly recipe for you today to go along with my money-saving meatless meals kick this month.
I like meatless meals that don't feel like they're lacking. Mr. Gracious insists that a meal isn't a meal without meat, and I like to prove him wrong. So instead of trying to get rid of meat from our family favorite recipes that we already love, I like to create all new recipes featuring a different (meatless) ingredient. That way you're feeling like something's just not quite right, and everybody's happy.
Today, my ingredient of choice is cheese (I know you're surprised. I'll never get over my profound love of cheese. I should really have a recipe category labeled CHEESY!...)
These 5 Cheese Stuffed Shells are just delicious. With exactly 5 cheeses, as the name might suggest, as well as some fresh garlic and spinach to round out the dish for a classic Italian flavor. To make this 5 cheese stuffed shells recipe easier, I just used jarred spaghetti sauce. But if you have a super amazing homemade recipe it will absolutely work here (and if you'd like to share your super amazing homemade spaghetti sauce recipe in the comments, I'd love to try it. I've never made my own yet, but it's on my foodie bucket list!)
5 Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe
5 Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 20 jumbo pasta shells cooked to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 12 ounce container ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Romano cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and spinach to skillet and saute until spinach is wilted and garlic is fragrant.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta and egg. Whisk together until combined.
- Add spinach mixture, cheeses, and Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture, and stuff into each shell.
- Pour ½ cup spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place stuffed shells in the dish and cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake covered at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with crusty garlic bread and a green salad.
If you liked this 5 Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe, you might also like
See More Pasta Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!