Best Books for Preschoolers- A list of the very best books for preschoolers, and our kids’ absolute favorite books.
Best Books for Preschoolers
A while back, I wrote about the Best Books for Toddlers. While I still have one toddler left, my other two have graduated to “preschooler.” It’s so bittersweet. They’re growing up so fast! And of course, I’m dealing with the infamous “three-nager” for the second year in a row (My boys are almost Irish Twins, you can read more about how that works for us, if you’re interested). But I’m also really enjoying some parts of preschooler-dom. They can hold better conversations and ask relevant thought-provoking questions. I also really enjoy that they have slightly longer attention spans and are way more interested and engaged in reading than they were as toddlers.
List of the Best Books for Preschoolers
Here is my list of the Best Books for Preschoolers. These books have high ratings from other parents, but they’ve also been tested and approved in our own house. I hope your kids have as much fun with them as mine do.
1. Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler by Esphyr Slobodkina
2. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
3. Angelina Ballerina by Katharine Holabird
4. But No Elephants by Jerry Smath
5. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
6. Go, Train, Go! by Rev. W Awdry
7. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
8. Corduroy by Don Freeman
9. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
11. The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
12. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
13. Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
14. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
15. The Little Red Hen by Diane Muldrow
16. Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
17. Put Me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire
18. On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
19. The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey
20. The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
21. The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
22. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
23. The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
24. Waking Dragons by Jane Yolen
25. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
If you liked these Best Books for Preschoolers you might also like
More Parenting Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Photo Credits: DollarPhotoClub.com and Canva.com2