Lactation Cookies are chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe to help increase milk production.
I've nursed three babies now, and these lactation cookies were my saving grace, numerous times. So I really wanted to pass on this recipe to help other nursing mommas who might be struggling with some supply issues
These lactation cookies have oats, chocolate, brewer's yeast, and flaxseed, all of which are great for milk production. I always like to make a double batch and freeze half. That way, if we're in the middle of a marathon growth spurt nursing session, I can just pop them in the oven without a fuss.
You'll probably notice that there's quite a bit of sugar in these. That's because the brewer's yeast has a pretty funky flavor, so the sugar attempts to mask it. It's important that you do get brewer's yeast and NOT nutritional yeast. They're not the same thing, and though nutritional yeast is great for you, it won't do much for milk production. I order mine from Amazon, pictured below:
For more ways to increase milk supply, read at KellyMom.com
Lactation Cookies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 to 4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flaxseed and water. Set aside and let sit for 3-5 minutes
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mixture and vanilla, and blend well
- Sift together flour, brewer's yeast, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) and bake at 350°F for about 11-14 minutes, until slightly browned around the edges and still soft in the middle.
- Eat 2-4 per day to help with milk production.
- Brewer's Yeast
- Freezer Direction
Did you like this Lactation Cookies recipe? Find more on my Parenting board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Lactation Cookies recipe, you might also like
See More Parenting and Family Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.